Library rules and regulation
- Strict silence, decorum and discipline must be maintained in the library. The use of cell phones is not allowed. Smoking, eating, sleeping and talking loudly are strictly prohibited in the library.
- Documents taken out of the shelves must be left on the table. Replacing the books on shelves is not encouraged as it may get misplaced. A misplaced book is like a lost book.
- No library material can be taken out of the library without permission. Unauthorized removal of anything belonging to the library will be treated as theft and dealt with accordingly.
- Briefcases, bags, umbrellas, lunch boxes and other personal belongings must be deposited at the entrance.
- A student found disfiguring the books and tearing pages from the books/magazines will be penalized by the cancellation of their membership in the library and by imposing a fine to cover double the cost of the book/ magazine.
- If any user wants to take books from the library for reading purposes, then he/she has to properly check in/check out at the register meant for.
- Whenever there is an increase in demand for a particular book(s), the librarian will regulate the use of such books in such a manner, as he/she considers proper.
- A Non-member can use the library material on the premises with the permission of the principal.
Users are divided into the following categories - their entitlements, the maximum number of books and the number of days of the issue are proposed in the following table.
|Sl. No||Member’s category||Books||Issuing period|
|1||Students (Honours)||3||14 days|
|2||Students (General)||3||14 days|
|4||Office staff||3||14 days|
C. Rules to borrow books:
- Library books will be issued to the students only on the production of an individual’s identity card. While borrowing a book, each user must be physically present and make an entry in the issue/return register with the book title, full roll number, department name and signature.
- The users will receive an email notification in their registered mail id after issuing books from the library. It is advisable to check the Barcode No. and the Due date of the issuing books. If not, report to the library immediately.
- In case the book is damaged or lost, then the library users will be required to pay double the original cost. In the case of rare books, three times the cost will be charged.
- Readers should not mark, underline, write, or tear pages of library documents.
- Students may reserve a particular book, if the same is borrowed by someone else, by filling ‘Hold’ available in the library.
- In case of emergency, the librarian may recall a book at any time.
D. Renewal of books:
Users can also renew the books again after the completion of the charging period, subject to not being requested from some other user.
E. Koha (ILMS) services:
Koha, an open-source, integrated library management software, is being adopted to automate the entire library system. It offers various services through Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC) interface. Users can log in to it with their account credentials received in their registered email ID. They also can check their borrowed books, due dates, overdue, browse books, etc.
F. No-dues Clearance Certificate:
The final semester students must clear their library dues (borrowed books, library fines, etc.) to obtain a ‘No Dues Clearance Certificate’ from the library before filing their semester form on or before 7 days.
G. Provisions for amending the library rules:
The competent authority reserves the right to relax the rules as and when deemed necessary.